Undergraduate and graduate students in the Department of Anthropology are invited to apply for the Student Research Award competition.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled students in the Department of Anthropology. Undergraduates must be anthropology majors.
- Students in both categories must be registered to present their research as a poster during Student Research Week (2013).
- For more information, visit the Student Research Week website
- Students must be willing to have their work displayed in the Department of Anthropology for up to one year after receiving the award, beginning in the Fall 2013 semester. Students are encouraged to include additional materials in the display cabinet (photos, brochures, artifacts).
- Awards will be presented in two categories: Undergraduate and Graduate.
- One undergraduate student winner and one graduate student winner will receive:
- Cash Prize - $250
- Certificate of Achievement
- The honor of having their poster displayed in one of the display cabinets on the 2nd floor of the Department of Anthropology throughout the 2013-2014 academic year. (Students may temporarily remove the poster if they are scheduled to present at another conference.)
- Application form must be submitted by Friday, March 8th (to Marco Valadez)
- Posters must be submitted by Friday, March 29th (to Department of Anthropology Main Office)
- A small committee of faculty members in the Department of Anthropology will select the winners of the competition. Faculty judges will evaluate the quality of the research and the quality of the presentation.