Faculty Research and Travel Awards (2012-2013)
All faculty members in the Department of Anthropology are eligible to apply for a Faculty Research and Travel Award. Awards are intended for research expenses, research-related travel, or travel to conferences (including seminars, symposia, etc).
Faculty must complete a Faculty Research and Travel Award Application Form.
The application deadline is Wednesday, October 31, 2012.
Faculty must complete a Travel & Leave form for all business travel within the United States & Canada
All university faculty, staff, and student employees who will travel internationally on any university-related business must receive approval prior to departure.
According to University Rule 21.01.03.M1, a faculty or staff member traveling on university business to a country under a travel warning must have approval from the university President. You must complete a Foreign Travel Request Form, as well as an Acknowledgement of Risk Form if you will travel to a country currently under a Department of State Travel Warning.
Forms must be completed using the fillable pdf function, and not handwritten. If this paperwork is not completed prior to departure, individuals will not be reimbursed by Texas A&M University for expenses. Please contact Mary Schubert at here in the Liberal Arts business office if you have questions.
Texas A&M has contracted with CISI, a 24-hour travel and security assistance service for faculty, staff and students who travel to international destinations on official university business or an A&M sponsored trip. CISI manages a wide range of requests ranging from lost passports, physician referrals, and complex medical and security evacuations. For more information on additional coverage available to faculty and student travelers, please contact the Study Abroad Office at (979) 845-0544.
To register for CISI coverage, click here
International Travel – Receipt log
Internal Funding Opportunities
IRB approval is required for all research projects involving human subjects. For more information, please consult the Texas A&M Office for Research Compliance and Biosafety website.
Information for New Courses
Graduate Student Advising
The Office of Graduate Studies website contains a comprehensive list of forms relevant to graduate studies, including:
- Steps to Fulfill Masters Degree Requirements
- Steps to Fulfill Doctoral Degree Requirements
- Steps to Fulfill Preliminary Exams
These are the most commonly used forms for MA and PhD students:
- Degree Plan
- Used for both MA and PhD students
- Must be filed at least 90 days before the Preliminary Exam is taken
- Preliminary Exam Checklist and Report of the Preliminary Exam
- Both forms must be turned in within 10 days of the scheduled exam
- Exam must be completed at least 14 weeks prior to the Final Exam (i.e. defense date)
- Proposal Approval Page
- Used for both theses and dissertations
- Must be submitted no later than 15 working days prior to submission of the Request and Announcement of Final Examination
- Request and Announcement of Final Exam
- Used for both MA theses & PhD dissertations
- Must be submitted at least 10 days prior to the exam
- Request for Exemption from the Final Exam
- Must be submitted at least 10 days prior to deadline to complete the exam
- Often used by MA students if committee decides a committee defense is not necessary
In addition to the OGS form, the Department of Anthropology uses the forms below as part of the assessment process. Please ensure that both forms are completed when any of your graduate students complete their MA or PhD degrees.
EVALUATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Tenure and Promotion Guidelines
Faculty Development Leave
NOMINATION PROCEDURES FOR GUEST SPEAKERS
Faculty in the Department of Anthropology are invited to apply for funds to support lectures that will be of broad interest to faculty and students in the Department of Anthropology. The department has a limited amount of funds to bring speakers to campus during the 2012-2013 academic year.
Faculty must complete a Guest Speaker Nomination Form. All forms must be submitted to Cynthia Werner.
The deadline for nominations is Wednesday, October 31, 2012.